IT & Software
User Story Mapping Workshop – Scrum Product Owner
About this class
Did you realize how difficult is to visualize the product as a whole when working with a typical Flat Product Backlog?
A solution is User Story Mapping. A user story map is a simple idea, is about arranging user stories into a helpful shape. User Story mapping are used by top companies of any industries to visualize goals with activities and agree fast on how to achieve them with minimum versions of the product.
This workshop will guide you step by step with a realistic example that you can also follow with your own project.
If you have no knowledge about User stories, don’t worry, we will start by writing user stories, apply formats for acceptance criteria, understand the different sizes of user stories and split the stories to the right size using proven techniques and approaches. You will see many examples of how to apply these techniques.
★★★★★ “Excellent course! As the co-founder of StoriesOnBoard, I’m so excited to see our product in your class.” by Sándor Szabó. Head of product & co-founder at StoriesOnBoard
What you will learn?
- Product Vision
- Elevator Pitch
- User Stories:
- Why the Product backlog is perishable
- What are User Stories?
- Different Sizes of User Stories
- What is the Acceptance criteria?
- Formats to write the Acceptance Criteria
- Split User Stories with Divide and conquer technique
- Create good User Stories based on INVEST.
- Guidelines to Split stories
- Split User Stories with SPIDR approach
- Definition of Ready
- User Story Mapping:
- Flat Product Backlog vs. User Story Mapping
- User Story Mapping, goals, activities, cards
- Adding Personas to User Story Mapping
- Prioritize with Story Mapping
- Define MVP and Releases
What you will you create?
In this workshop you will create a complete User Story Mapping for a realistic example, for your own project or both.
- A Persona
- The Product Vision
- The Product elevator pitch
- Write User stories, split them and write acceptance criteria
- Create the definition of Ready for your team using a template
- A Product Backlog
- A complete refined User Story Mapping with goals, activities, users and cards.
- Define the MVP for your product and releases
This course is specifically for:
- People familiar with Agile, Scrum and User Stories who want to improve and learn new techniques
- People that have problems orgranizing the Product Backlog and planning releases and roadmaps
- People that like a activities and workshop style
- Business people, managers that want to lean how Agile would help them
- Product Owners, Product Managers, Leaders, Designers, UX, Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches.
- Developers, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Solution Architects, Enterprise Architects, Data Base Administrators and basically anyone interested in learning more of Agile.
This course is not suitable for:
- People with no knowledge of Scrum, Agile. Please start with my course: Agile & Scrum in Depth: Guide, Simulation and Best Practices
- People who want a method to write detailed requirements and comprehensive documentation. This technique is more about talking than writing.
- People that want to take certifications.
Why taking the class? What you will gain?
- Skills for creating, spliting and managing great user stories.
- Become more effective in planning your sprints, roadmaps and interact with stakeholders and developers.
- Skills to create User Story mapping
- Tips to facilitate a User Story Mapping Session
- A Story Mapping for your own Products.
- Interaction and exposure for using one of the best tools
This class can always be improved, so if you have any topic that you would like to know more, please let me know so I can see to include it in this class or in future courses.
What are you waiting? Start this course now 🙂
Hi my name is Ignacio.
I led, coached, led and managed Agile projects and scrum teams since 2005 for customers all over the world.
During my career of intensive learning I got many scrum certifications including Certified Scrum Professional Scrum Master, Professional Product Owner and Certified Agile Leadership which are very difficult to achieve.
I worked 15 years as a Professor for Agile Methodologies and Systems design.
I love to teach Agile and Scrum and I designed a lot of hours of training that I am bringing online. I prefer to teach with games and activities that can simulate the real world.
I trained hundreds of students in Agile that became top professionals in the industry.
Teaching what I learned in my 20 years of experience allows the students to gain realistic learning that they can apply at work.
★★★★★ “It was exactly what I was looking for. The instructor is very good at teaching.”
★★★★★ “The course is really nice. Specially the material, i can instantly try out what is being taught in the courses.”
★★★★★ “Very simple & have given the best understanding in less than 30 mints. Keep adding more courses. You are simply awesome !”
★★★★★ “Yes, Simple and eye opening.”
★★★★★ “Course contents were very systemic and easy to understand. I will say that course is suitable between beginner and intermediate level people.”
★★★★★ “Definitely taught from someone who knows the topic well.”
★★★★★ “Shows with great skill the concepts and how to create user stories correctly and also makes use of a very interesting application to work with this methodology.”
★★★★★ “Enjoyed the well designed crisp course. Instructor explained the user story mapping process amazingly using practical example. Thank you to the course providers. Thank you Udemy.”
Who is this course for:
- People familiar with Agile and Scrum who want to learn new techniques