Agile Project Management: Agile, Scrum, Kanban & XP
Welcome to the Course on Agile Project Management!
Software industry is going crazy on agile methods. It is rapidly becoming the choice for software development where requirements are unpredictable or is expected to change over time. This course will help you explore how working on an Agile project has benefits for your development team, your end users, and your organization as a whole.
Here is a list of the topics we will cover in this course:
- Understanding the need for Change in traditional software development process
- What is Agile
- Understanding Agile Principles
- What Agile is not
- Waterfall vs Agile
- Understanding & Creating User Stories, Theme & Epic
- What is Product Backlog
- Difference between Product Backlog & Product Roadmap
- Advantages & Disadvantages of Agile
- How Estimation is done in Agile
- Why Relative Estimation in Agile
- T-Shirt & Fibonacci Estimation
- Planing Poker in Agile
- Understanding & Creating Burn down Charts
- Minimum Viable Product
- Team Velocity
Introduction to Scrum
- Scrum Theory and Pillars
- Scrum Events
- Sprint Planning
- Daily Scrum
- Sprint Retrospective
- Sprint Review
- Scrum Roles
- Product Owner
- Scrum Master
- Development Team
- Scrum Artifacts
- Product Backlog
- Sprint Backlog
- Definition of Done
Introduction to Kanban
- Kanban Principles
- How Kanban is different from Scrum & Extreme Programming?
- Finding various inefficiencies in your process using Kanban board
- Definition of done in Kanban
- Daily Standup in Kanban
- Specifying rules in Kanban
Introduction to Extreme Programming
- Values in Extreme Programming
- XP Practices
This course is ideal for software developers, project managers, software leadership, or anyone that would have an interest and gain benefit from running an Agile project and delivering maximum value early to your customers.
You will thoroughly understand & enjoy this course through practical examples, practice exercise, quizzes & fun facts which are part of this course.
After completing this course, you will be able to :
1) Demonstrate the ability to participate effectively in agile practices/process for software development.
2) Explain the purpose behind common agile practices.
3) Apply agile principles and values to a given situation.
4) Identify and address most common problems encountered in adopting Agile methods.
5) Implement Scrum, Kanban & Extreme Programming
I hope that you will enjoy the course, be challenged by it and learn a lot. The primary objective is to build a strong foundational knowledge of the principles of agile.
It is suggested that you go through the course at a pace that makes sense for you. The topics build on each other, so it is better to slow down and really learn something than to just move on in order to keep up a certain pace.
So, I have the tools needed to get the job done. So, let’s do it, I’ll see you in class. All the best!
Course enrollment grants you lifetime access, with no expiration, to all the course lectures. In addition, you’ll also receive 1-on-1 support for any questions or uncertainties that come up. And this all comes with a money-back guarantee. You have nothing to lose and so much knowledge to gain.
Just ask the students who’ve already taken this course:
★★★★ “This course is a must do for anyone who wants to understand Agile quickly. It provides very good explanation of concepts with right set of examples and analogies making the learning fun and easy to remember. I highly recommend this course.”
★★★★★ “Great explanation and illustrations. Simply Perfect and Crisp!”
– Sagar Kavitake
★★★★★ “I’m really impressed with this instructor’s knowledge and clarity. She structured the course extremely well, explanations are crystal clear, and she moves at an impressive (but by no means overwhelming) pace. Excellent”
★★★★★ “I really loved this course. Simple explanations with apt examples. Kudos to the instructor.”
– Sophia Winglet
Who is this course for:
- Anyone who has a passing familiarity with Project Management