Since 2007 Jane Hart has requested working professionals for his or her top tools for studying — TopTools4Learning — and creates three lists from hundreds of responses.
- Top 100 Tools for Personal & Professional Learning
- Top 100 Tools for Workplace Learning
- Top 100 Tools for Education
Work is studying, and studying is the work, so listed here are my top 10 tools for work & studying.
10. DeepL Translator: With a world clientele and weblog viewers, I typically get references in different languages. I discover this device a lot better than Google Translate, although it’s out there for fewer languages.
9. Diigo: Social bookmarks are a fast method for me to avoid wasting an internet web page and discover it simply. I’ve hundreds I usually search however I discover I’m utilizing it much less yearly, particularly as my weblog grows and I’ve extra references right here, corresponding to my Friday’s Finds.
8: Slack: This social sharing platform, with exercise streams, is an effective way to remain related and work in small teams. It’s an excellent platform for small communities of observe as properly.
7: Apple Preview: This is the productiveness device I exploit probably the most, so I can give attention to studying, not preventing with purposes. It lets me annotate footage, resize photos, add signatures, and most significantly ensures I would not have to make use of Adobe Acrobat to open PDF’s, that means one fewer vector of malware on my system. It is a big time-saver.
6. 1Password: I name this a device for unlearning. This password supervisor reduces my cognitive load by not having to memorize any passwords in addition to create passwords which are a lot stronger than I might do by myself. It synchronizes throughout all my units and helps maintain my on-line presence safer.
4: Keynote: Apple’s presentation software has enabled me to enhance my slide shows, by way of its simplicity.
3: Feedly: My newest feed reader, or aggregator, to maintain observe of blogs and information websites through RSS.
2: Tweetbot: Next to my weblog, Twitter is my greatest studying device and permits me to remain related to a various community. I exploit Tweetbot on Mac and iOS because it has no promoting or monitoring and has a cleaner interface. With all of its flaws, Twitter could be a good platform for studying when you actively filter and mute.
1: WordPress: Powers my weblog (+3,200 posts), which is the core of my sense-making. It’s simple to make use of, has an enormous neighborhood, and there are numerous plug-ins and additions out there. I additionally use it to ship my on-line PKM workshop.