The Top Tools for Learning 2019 survey will shut on Friday 13 September. Have you voted for your favourites but? If not, you are able to do so here.
You might want to checklist your high 10 instruments and say how you utilize them – (a) for private or skilled studying, (b) at work or (c) in a college, faculty or college setting. You may also share your ideas on why you just like the instruments you’ve nominated too, if you wish to.
I’ll reveal the outcomes of the survey on Wednesday 25 September.
But in the meantime right here is my very own Top 10 Tools for Learning checklist for 2019.
- TWITTER is the place the place I rapidly and simply sustain with what’s occurring on this planet – and particularly what others are as much as with their concepts and actions round office studying. It’s the primary place I am going to after I get up within the morning. But I do choose to make use of …
- TWEETDECK reasonably than the online interface – the place I’ve arrange completely different columns for my information feed, mentions, hashtags I comply with, and so forth. This makes it a lot simpler for me to see the general image of what’s occurring within the second.
- I additionally couldn’t do with out FEEDLY – my information reader – the place I mixture effectively over 300 weblog and web site feeds. I take advantage of this as one other means to maintain updated with what’s occurring with know-how, the way forward for work, and different associated subjects.
- WORDPRESS is the platform I take advantage of to energy all my web sites. I make use of a lot of plugins that improve its default performance and look.
- I take advantage of SLACK to host the net workshops I run – because it as it’s all concerning the social expertise; folks interacting and studying from each other. Furthermore by utilizing Slack, contributors can see how helpful a device it’s and the way they will use it in their very own organisation to underpin each casual and formal social studying and collaboration. I’ve built-in it with various instruments in order that content material is routinely shared within the channels. This consists of my very own tweets in addition to curated content material from
- ANDERS PINK – a sensible curation platform. For instance, I’ve a briefing arrange for “Lifelong Learning” and the content material that it finds goes straight into Slack every day – it’s a no brainer.
- I take advantage of various communication instruments: WHATSAPP has turn into important for interacting with people – purchasers, colleagues, pals, and so forth in addition to teams. But I additionally discover the Broadcast List performance significantly helpful after I need to preserve a lot of folks updated with what’s occurring.
- I nonetheless use private SKYPE, though not fairly so steadily as I as soon as did – nonetheless, since numerous my purchasers use Skype for Business, I make extra use of that these days.
- When it involves producing stuff (eg assets), I now consider in maintaining issues so simple as doable; I don’t over-engineer content material. I discover that I can rapidly create efficient content material utilizing the essential instruments like WORD and
- POWERPOINT. At the top of the day, the folks I create issues for are adults – and so they don’t need or want trivial or gratuitous “bells and whistles”!
What are your Top 10 Tools for Learning? Please share them within the survey here.